Monday, March 30, 2009

Giving Directions to a Hilarious DC Bus Driver

This morning I got to start my day laughing. I got on the bus and the driver was all excited to see a passenger. She was new on the route and was driving around all morning with no passengers and she wasn't sure she was going the right way. She said she would turn down a road and people would be waving her off like she was going down a one way street or something. She assured me no one chased her bus though. I guess that is always a good sign! I assured her she was on the right road for her route. She was relieved to say the least.

A few streets down she had to ask me which way to turn and where to stop. I was laughing so hard, because she was all nervous and flushed, trying to find her cheat sheet. She told me that she paid attention during her training on this route, but she must have forgotten it all. I told her not to worry, I would direct her to where the route ends.

She said that this route may be cut back due to funding, and she understands why now. Probably because I was her only passenger all morning, and that is not much justification for running a circular route during rush hour.

I told her I would prefer to stay on the bus all day and ride around with her, because she was cracking me up. I have a lot of respect for DC bus drivers. I also hope they don't cut the route. I look forward to riding that bus again. What a great way to start a Monday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is funny!