Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Silver Lining it to Dulles?

U.S. transportation officials sealed their commitment to a long-planned extension of Metro to Dulles International Airport at a ceremony today in which Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood signed a formal agreement to provide $900 million in funding considered crucial to the project's success.

Wow, I can't believe this is really going to happen. I just had a series of Facebook status updates cheering at the news. Being a DC resident, I am not sure if this is good or bad. I mean I know it is ultimately good, but will it bring the congestion relief it is promising? And are they really planning four stations around Tysons Corner? There goes that mall.

Are we really calling it the Silver Line? I can see all sorts of jokes coming out of this one.

No comments: