Monday, June 16, 2008

My Route to Work Today

I was on my way into work today when I realized I forgot my ID. When I went back to get it the metro was already jam packed. I decided rather than wait it out for three trains I would jump on the bus and take it as far as I can before braving the rails during rush hour again. As a result, I had an adventurous route into work today. Over bridges, under rivers, through a cemetery - all just another commute in the Nation's Capital region. I wonder if my commute home can top it? It might make for a good feature story - different modes of transport to get to work today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you just take one bus? or was that route multiple buses?

Capital Complainer said...

My route involved the L1 bus down Conn Ave, to the 42 bus to Farragut West, to the Blue Line to Pentagon City area. To date, I have not found a bus that goes from Virginia over to DC direct - other that the 10 from the Pentagon to L'Enfant. I am looking forward to the new 30s service that starts on Wisconsin Ave. on June 29.