Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Metro Plays Guessing Game with Riders

Taken from the WMATA site:
June 19 is Dump the Pump Day, a great time to try Metro, the affordable alternative to skyrocketing gas prices. We know you'll be on board, but just how many of your fellow commuters will join you? Give us your best guess. If your number is right (or closest), we'll give you a SmarTrip® card loaded with $100 in value. If more than one person has the winning number, we'll draw randomly from the closest ones.
My thoughts: The last thing I need is more people trying Metro. Yes, I agree that metro is the affordable alternative to exorbitant gas prices, but only when trains run on time, don't derail and are not overwhelmed with crowds during rush hour. Okay, so despite my complaining...I took a guess. I think I entered 825,287 passengers on 6/19. Here is to hoping I win. I could use the extra 100 bucks on my SmarTrip card.

No comments: