Thursday, August 9, 2007

What's With the Big Red Ds?


Has anyone else noticed these big red d’s around town? I have noticed them in some funky sculpturesque looking bike racks around the city. I also saw a few maintenance trucks driving around with a big red d period on it. Is this supposed to be some sort of campaign to infuse DC pride? Maybe it is the sister project to the failed attempt in Baltimore. Does anyone remember that BELIEVE campaign that Mayor O’Malley, now Governor O’Malley, kicked off. All those banners were hanging around Baltimore for a few years and were supposed to force people to have pride in their city and clean up and all that stuff. Is that what this is? I just need someone to tell me, because I don't want to make a fool out of myself when I try and lock my bike up to one of these supposed pieces of artwork and get in trouble or something.

2 comments:

saf said...

d. = Washington, D.C. Department of Transportation. You know, "D Dot."

And those are indeed bike racks - part of an alternative transportation project.

Capital Complainer said...

D DOT? Are you kidding me? Is that the best they could come up with? I demand a refund on my taxes.