Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Telework-1, Ice Storm-0




Well, DC's first major weather delay in 2011 has come and gone with an overnight ice storm and a thawing out by this afternoon.

While my commute was a little more challenging, skating to the bus stop, I feel like the Federal workforce response was well executed and appropriate. Yes folks, today is the first day in my history where I truly feel Telework won.

Maybe it was the treacherous ice or maybe that memo from the President is finally being considered, all I know is today was noticeably different. Less commotion in the office, less people in the coffee line, a light evening commute into Clarendon. Could this happen again if we get a second round of snowmageddon in February? After what I saw today - I believe there may be a shift taking place. Are managers trusting their staff to get work done even if they can't see them? I hope so. I know we are a long way from implementing ROWE, but a guy can dream, right?


- Posted from an iPhone

No comments: