Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What Happened to My Suitcase Town?

Dec 23rd and it's 5:00pm. Where should you be by now? Probably on a plane homeward bound. But you are not. No, instead all you over achievers decided to work up to the last possible minute. What happened to the old tradition where this town shuts down one week before and one week after Christmas? Don't tell me the snow ruined your plans. Come on people, it was a Monday! Like you get anything done on Mondays.

There is seriously something rotten in the state of Denmark because the bus was jammed yesterday, there was brutal traffic, and today there are crowded metros. Unacceptable!

Is everyone trying to get the maximum amount of hours in or something? I mean last year at this time I practically had the metro to myself.

Tomorrow morning better be back to normal - and I better be able to walk down Wisconsin Avenue without a speck of traffic.

So this year all I want for Christmas is my city deserted and magical - the way it used to be in years past.

Okay I am now off my grinch box - time to wrap presents.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the king Capital Complainer.


- Posted from an iPhone on a very crowded Red Line metro

No comments: