Monday, August 25, 2008

What's Your WalkScore?

As an avid walker in this capital city, I am constantly assessing the walkability of different neighborhoods in Washington. In fact, walkability will be a major consideration whenever I decide to buy real estate. So, when I stumbled upon this website called Walk Score, I was thrilled. I immediately plugged in my address in Subarubia and awaited the results. I was a little shocked to see a score of a B - (83 out of 100). 

I quickly chose another neighborhood where I hang out - Laptopia - and entered an address. Of course, that one came up with a higher score of an A + (97 out of 100). What shocked me was when I entered an address in Los Angeles, that came up with a higher walk score than where I lived. I concluded, the database must be flawed. How can LA have a high walk score than DC?

Okay, I am off to take a walk before calling it a night.

No comments: