Thursday, August 28, 2008

RideTheCity - DC's Biking Score?

For all those bikers in DC, I ask you this one question - Now that the city gave you all bike lanes on most major streets, why are you still biking on the sidewalks? These days I see more runners in the road and more bikers on the sidewalk. Last I checked, a bike was supposed to follow the same traffic laws as vehicles. This is clearly not the case here in Washington as people are biking on the sidewalks and feel that they can run red lights at intersections just because they on a bike. I wonder if the police are going to start ticketing people that use those DCBikeShares. I have yet to see a police officer pull anyone over for reckless biking in this city. Do you know anyone who has been ticketed on a bike in this town?

No comments: