Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Did You Take a Fare Hike?

Yesterday afternoon, while trying to get home on a very slow and very packed red line I overheard these words, "And they raised the fares today." Could it be true? Did metro really hike their fares already? How did I miss this? I thought it wasn't supposed to happen until the spring. Can anyone provide me with some intel here?

I tried to pay attention to the amount on my Smartrip today, but didn't notice much of a difference. I can only say that is they have already hiked the fares, then I want to see some improvements STAT! No more crowded four car trains during rush hour please! No more "no passengers" trains blowing through stations leaving us all to stare down the line like zombies. No more "we will be moving momentarily, there is a train ahead of us."

Of course there is a train ahead of us. Why do you feel you need to tell us that there is a train ahead of us. Isn't this redundant? How about telling me only when there is something UNUSUAL in front of the train, like a person, or a cat or something. Save your pathetic updates please driver for the tourists, on the weekend, when they are fascinated by the big booming voice over the PA system. Leave me in peace. I wonder if I can take the bus home from here, maybe I will get the 38B from Ballston to Georgetown. I feel an adventure coming on.

1 comment:

Domo El Mono Loco said...

I love to love the city I have always called home, but your blog is enjoyable nonetheless. I think your sentiments about improvement are universal. Why do I have to wait 7 mins for a train on the green line during rush hour? Why do the new flat panel tv monitors that are supposed to tell us what time the next train is coming never tell the correct time? (sounds like a huge waste of money)? Show me where my additional $0.30 is going each way!!!