Monday, February 2, 2009

1,544,721 Trips on Metro for Inauguration

Normally, when it comes to WMATA, I would be logging a complaint, but on this one I have to give a kudos. I heard nothing but positive feedback from the many visitors in town on how well Metro handled the crowds during the inauguration. Today, I read that they handled 1,544,721 passengers - the most in their history. Job well done Metro. DC did an amazing job moving people in and out of the city. I also want to thank the 10,000 or so additional police officers, state troopers, and national guard who came into town to assist with this monumental task. We hope you enjoyed the buzz of the city. Come back soon! Our economy needs the consumer spending.

And the debate continues on ridership increasing versus service decreasing over at the WashingtonPost. Tune in for some interesting discussion.

No comments: