Tuesday, May 6, 2008

MarioKart on Wisconsin Avenue?

I hate people who litter. I am rather proud of how clean our city is when compared to cities like NYC or even Philadelphia. This evening, while walking home on Wisconsin Avenue, I saw something that caught my eye. I was standing next to a car waiting to cross at an intersection when a driver so casually threw a banana peel out the window into the right hand lane of traffic. At first, I laughed out loud, because it made me think of Mario Kart 64 when characters would lay down banana peels to make you wipe out as you rounded the race track. Of course in non-N64 world we know this doesn't happen. It was funny nonetheless. I guess she would have been the princess character. I was always Captain Toady O'Hare when I played the game. But, I digress. Thankfully, banana peels are biodegradable and I didn't have to step into oncoming traffic to pick up your trash Mrs. Virginia Driver - Blue Camry - plate ending in 1522. You know who you are. How about next time you hold your trash until you cross the Key Bridge and then you can pollute Rosslyn all you want. Goodnight. 

No comments: