Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What Do You Mean You Don't Have Frappucinnos?



I hate that there is a Starbucks on almost every corner of Washington's downtown streets. I once heard there are nearly 50 Starbucks in a 5 mile radius in Washington, D.C. Are there really that many yuppies in this town?




I hate that the Juan Valdez Cafe closed before I got my free coffee. Sure, their coffee didn't taste that great, but I was cheering for the underdog that opened up across the street from a Starbucks in Penn Quarter. Now all I have is this frequent coffee card that I carried around in my wallet for months.

According to the Nuestro Futuro page on the Juan Valdez Cafe
website, they are going to do "Expansion internacional" in 2006. So much for that plan. I wonder how the Juans in NYC and Seattle are holding up?

No comments: